Spot bugs and critters outside. Draw a mark where bugs have to move over the line first to win.
Bet on Bug Races Outdoor Activity Requirements:
Group of kids, Backyard or Park
Bet on Bug Races Rules:
Make a list of items available in backyard or in nature if playing outdoors or anything you think of easily available around the play place.
1. Start with kids finding/spotting as many bugs/critters as they can in a short period of time without actually picking them up.
2. Select any group or chain bugs moving together along a corner or line.
3. Let each kid choose their bug and name it.
4. Mark a line or place a marker in the direction bugs are moving. This would be finish line for the race.
5. Let kids watch these bugs as they move along on their natural pace. Make sure kids don’t touch any of bugs or don’t force them with any external thing to speedup.
6. Kids can yell or hoot their bug to move faster.
7. The kid whose bug crosses the finish line first wins the race.
8. To add extra fun, let children draw a sketch of their bug with their name.